- These regulations will be implemented on a trial basis for three years starting from 2017 Fall Semester.
- For admission applicants, you will be asked whether to apply for NDHU Southward Scholarship during the online application system. If you would like to apply for NDHU Southward Scholarship, please check “yes” in the online application system. No extra documents are required.
Application criteria and eligibility:
1. PhD students who have been newly admitted in accordance with the application criteria for international students with outstanding performance determined upon review of submitted application documents and academic scores.
2. The applicant shall be a national of one of the 18 countries identified in Taiwan’s New Southward Policy (Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Vietnam, Myanmar, Cambodia, Laos, India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Australia, New Zealand) and shall be graduates from the best universities ranked in the top 15% of all colleges and universities in their countries.
3. Applicants shall not simultaneously receive scholarships for international students awarded by this university and ROC government agencies.
Scholarship award period and criteria:
1. The scholarship shall be awarded for a maximum of three years (six semesters) starting from the year of enrollment.
2. The stipend shall be granted for twelve months per year. The monthly amount of NT$ 6,000 shall be deposited in a local bank or postal account of the recipient by the Office of International Affairs on a monthly basis in accordance with the approved list of recipients during the scholarship period.
3. The research incentive shall be granted for twelve months per year. This incentive shall be paid by the supervising professor or the home college/department of the supervising professor during the scholarship period, and the record should be sent to Office of International Affairs for reference. The monthly amount of NT$ 8,000 shall be deposited in a local bank or postal account of the recipient by the supervising professor or the home college/department on a monthly basis in accordance with the approved list of recipients during the scholarship period. The funding of research incentive can comes from the plans of the supervising professor or the home college/department as long as it is paid in accordance with the related regulations.
4. Scholarship recipients shall be selected and approved during the admission application process.
5. Each college and department shall determine award criteria and duties and obligations of the recipient which shall be submitted to the Office of International Affairs for future reference.