FU-MEI WU MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP GUIDELINES
February 29, 2020
Article 1 Fu-Mei Wu Memorial Scholarship, founded by members of the late Mrs. Fu-Me Wu Hsu’ family and friends, is a tribute to Mrs. Fu-Mei Wu Hsu’s outstanding contribution to indigenous self-determination and international cultural exchanges. Center for International Indigenous Affairs (CIIA) is the organization entrusted by scholarship founders for it’s administration.
Article 2 Eligibility:
- Applicants shall be individuals or a group of people based on indigenous consciousness and are willing to participate in international cultural exchanges.
- An applicant who applies for the scholarship as an individual must be a graduate-student or an undergraduate student from a national or private college/ university in Taiwan (including religious educational institution) who is an indigenous (including PingPu) people of Taiwan.
- When applying as a group, all group members must be indigenous and a half of the membership must be currently enrolled as students.
Article 3 Award amount:
- One or two persons will be chosen each year as individual, who receives NT$30,000.00 each with a certificate, or
- A group chosen to receive NT$60,000.00 with a certificate.
Article 4 To be considered for the scholarship, all applicants must submit a completed application package, inclusive of the following documents:
- A project proposal or activities in favor of international indigenous affairs.
- Proof of current student status and Taiwanese indigenous status.
- Resume with brief bio.
- Other useful supporting materials.
Aricle 5 Please send your application before April 1st in the applying year. Attach your phone number and email address and send the complete application to:
No.1, Sec.2, Da Hsueh Rd., Shoufeng, Hualien 97401
Committee of Mrs. Fu-Mei Wu Memorial Scholarship
Center for International Indigenous Affairs
College of Indigenous Studies
National Dong Hwa University
Please make sure you also send an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your complete application documents to CIIA in order to set up an application record.
Article 6 All completed applications accompanied by all required supporting materials will be reviewed by an evaluation committee to ensure that every applicant receives full consideration. CIIA will send an official notification to the scholarship recipients’ universities to request an award certificate giving in a public honoring event.
Aricle 7 Additional considerations:
- CIIA will publicize scholarship awards in CIIA publications, including but not limited to CIIA web site, colleges and universities, secondary schools, CIIA events, CIIA social networking site, and other appropriate venues, when appropriate.
- CIIA reserves the right to discontinue or modify the scholarship, or any component thereof, and to revise any or all of the scholarship requirements, processes, or eligibility criteria at any time.
- Any material misrepresentation of the facts in the candidate’s application and supporting materials, whether discovered during the verification process or later, will result in withdrawal of the application from consideration.